Monday, September 8, 2008

Over and done with

A couple days ago I freed the Cannabis Wall with Jason Kruk following behind me.

When I was younger I used to get very excited after sending a hard project and be on cloud nine for days. Nowadays, I am on cloud nine for a few hours and I immediately start thinking about the next route and the next challenge. Right now, I feel more ravenous to climb that I have in a long time. I can't help but feel the Cannabis is just a stepping stone for cooler and bigger things. Like maybe freeing Breakfast Run on top of Cannabis?

At the moment, I feel directionless and unhinged. These little routes are like time capsules, and so very all-consuming. There is nothing I like better than climbing into new terrain, totally open to the puzzle and the possibilities. Those late summer days on Cannabis, scrubbing and snooping around for holds, are what I really love. Now it's over and I feel a little empty.

Thanks alot to Jason in particular for sticking to the project and also Mike Styles and Ethan Pringle who came up there with me with an open mind.