Sunday, February 6, 2011

VIMFF 2011

I'm back in North Vancouver for a couple weeks here. Its pissing rain right now- classic winter west coast. Since being home I've been augered into writing mode, which is lots fun, and just starting to put something together for the Vancouver International Mountain Film Festival which runs from Feb 11-19. If you find yourself in this neck of the woods this time of year, I highly recommend you make it to one of the nights. Alan Formanek never ceases to put on an awesome event. Jasmin Caton, Sean McColl and I will be presenting on the finale night: saturday Feb 19. Its been fun leafing through the slides of the past year, trying to come up with a coherent theme to present. This past year has been a blast- and doing this slideshow is forcing me to reflect on lessons learned, and plans for the year ahead. I like how putting together slideshows do that.

I hope everyone's doing great and enjoying their winter.

Hope to see you on Feb 19. Heckle, drink some beer and get stoked on the absurd activity of climbing rocks.


Here's a few snaps from my trip overseas.



Alex and Stacey hit the slopes... in Turkey.



Peak district sunset.



Bullet-hard limestone. Antalya Turkey.


An Efes Pilsen between chairlift rides never hurt anyone.... I hope.



Hazel bringing in 2011 with our Turkish friend. I have never seen anyone this hammered yet still standing. Despite his inebriation, he still had better rhythm than me.