Monday, October 31, 2011

Moments of Uncertainty


Sonnie, Paul and I just spent 4 days on top of the Prophet tooling around on the upper pitches. Every once in a while I have little moments of "wow, this is awesome!"- climbing the A1 beauty in the dying light, with the whole wall ignited orange, was one of those moments. Sonnie managed to toprope it clean, and I came really close. Then we spent some time throwing ourselves at the 'Devils Dyno', a gigantic 7.5 foot sideways leap to a sidepull flake. After many, many tries I stuck the move. I was ecstatic. Leo is an exceptional dynamic climber (his nickname is Springer). Sonnie figured out a ballistic V10 crimping variation instead.

I like this photo because it captures that moment of uncertainty with big wall freeclimbing. Mulling over sequences, tinkering away, all in the coolest place imaginable.

Check out www.paulbride.com to see more amazing images from one handsome Italian man. ;)